Ways To Reduce Individual Carbon Footprint
According to leading scientists, carbon dioxide emission is one of the major contributors to global warming and extreme climatic changes around the world. Carbon dioxide is a major greenhouse gas that is produced due to several human activities. The emission of excessive carbon dioxide into the environment is a significant player in radical shifts in the global climate patterns and the overall global warming. The total amount of individual as well as collective carbon emission is referred to as “carbon footprints”.
With the population reaching billions, it is high time that you consider reducing your individual carbon footprints to the maximum. Here are some ways in which you can do the same:
- Stop Eating or Consume Less Meat: One of the most effective ways in which you combat your individual carbon footprint is by stopping eating or consuming less meat. Emission of the greenhouse gas from the agribusiness is a major problem than fossil fuels. Red meat consumes 11 times more water & produces 5 times more emissions than the respective poultry counterparts. It is not necessary to become a vegetarian. You can consider consuming less meat or eating meat less frequently.
- Go Eco-Friendly: If you wish to minimize waste generation and contribute to environmental pollution, it is high time you should consider going eco-friendly in everything you do. Try using eco-friendly products that cause no harm to the environment. Right from paper coffee cups to eco-friendly clothing, cleaning products, catering items, shopping bags, water bottles, and so more –every product that you use can make a major impact on the overall environment.
- Unplug Your Devices: You would be surprised to know that all electronic appliances suck energy when they are plugged in EVEN WHEN powered down. Anytime an electric cord is plugged into a socket, it is continuously drawing energy. So, even though your device is not charging, you are still contributing to the individual carbon footprint as long as the device is plugged in. Therefore, it is recommended to unplug all your devices when you are not using them.
- Drive Less: Choose taking a bus, sharing a cab, or walking up to reduce your carbon footprints individually. The public means of conveyance offer a great opportunity to reduce the overall amount of pollution that could be caused by your vehicle. Increasing populations have made public transportation effective. With the availability of several options including subways, buses, cabs, and so more –there are several ways to put down your contribution to pollution on an individual level.
- Plant a Garden of Your Own: Whether you are living in an apartment or individual home, planting some greenery is a quick & easy way of reducing your carbon footprint. You can plant a garden in your home or apartment. Plants absorb carbon dioxide which can reduce overall pollution. Balcony gardens are a great solution for the urban dwellers.
Make the most of your life by contributing to the betterment of the planet. For more top tips and to see what an eco-friendly comes does – check out The Paper Cup Factory in England here.